Since when is Prabhupadas instruction "an extreem deviation"?
GBC Resolution 304.
Long Island Trustees
1. Whereas the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, Inc., a New York religious corporation, was established by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami (Srila Prabhupada) in New York City in 1966 as the first corporation of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON); and
2. Whereas the doctrine that Srila Prabhupada desired to continue to act as diksa-guru after his departure from this world, and did not desire any of his disciples to give diksa, or initiation, in succession after him is an errant philosophical deviation (known as ritvikism); and
3. Whereas ritvikism directly contradicts the principle of parampara itself (of successive diksa and siksa-gurus), which sustains the pure teachings and practices of Krsna consciousness; and
[PADA: Notice: homosexual pedophiles are now links in a pure chain of gurus.]
4. Whereas this principle has been established by Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, and is upheld by all of the bona fide acaryas (teachers) in the Gaudiya Vaishnava religious tradition, as well as all followers of Vedic culture; and
[PADA: Yep and Krishna established that deviants are his guru successors. Or wasn't that Satan?]
5. Whereas in the informed ecclesiastical opinion of the Governing Body Commission of ISKCON, ritvikism has on numerous occasions been formally deemed to be an extreme deviation from the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and the Krishna consciousness religion; and
6. Whereas the GBC has found it necessary to replace former officers and directors of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, Inc. (such as Viswa B. Garuda) because of their advocacy of the ritvik doctrine on ISKCON temple property; and
7. Whereas after a thorough investigation, as well as information obtained in the ongoing litigation involving control and ownership of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, Inc. temple located at 197 South Ocean Avenue, Freeport, NY, USA, the GBC finds that persons asserting themselves to be members of the board of directors or trustees of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, Inc. continue to actively espouse the ritvik doctrine, in direct defiance of the instructions of the GBC; and
8. Whereas the so-called or purported members of the board of directors or trustees referred to above are as follows: (1) Nathan Zakheim, who is also known by the name Nara Narayana Das, (2) Nikhil Gupta, who is also known by the name Nimai Pandit Das, (3) Madhusudan R.S., who is also known by the name Madhu Pandit Das, (4) John Hanton, who is also known by the name Jitarati Das, and (5) Amit Joshi;
9. Whereas the so-called or purported members of the board of directors or trustees of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, Inc., have violated numerous provisions of the governing laws of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, as found in the ISKCON LAW BOOK, (ISKCON GBC Press, Mayapur, 1997) including, but not limited to, sections 22.214.171.124.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.2, 5.2.3, 5.4.2, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206.2, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168.1 (4), 10.4.4.6, 10.4.4.7 and 10.4.4.8;
1. The purported board members referred to in paragraph 8 are hereby deemed to be in flagrant violation of the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and ISKCON Law, and as a direct result of such "ritvik activities" are no longer members in good standing of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.
2. The purported board members referred to in paragraph 8 are hereby expelled from the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, and prohibited from having any involvement, or serving in any official or unofficial capacity, including, but not limited to, officers or directors of the corporation.
3. To the extent that any of the purported board members referred to in paragraph 8 reside, work, visit, or otherwise occupy the ISKCON temple located in Freeport, NY, they are hereby prohibited from continuing such activities, as well as visiting or attending any function(s) at the Freeport temple, until such time as the GBC, in its ecclesiastical discretion, decides to allow the said directors to resume their involvement with ISKCON generally, and the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, Inc., in particular, and the capacity in which they may resume such participation, if any.
4. The election in which the purported directors referred to in paragraph 8 were elected is hereby declared to be null and void.
5. The purported board members referred to in paragraph 8, and those acting with or in concert with them in the ritvik-related activities or in violation of the ISKCON laws described herein, shall, to the extent they have not already done so, vacate the temple premises within seven (7) days of receipt of notice to do so delivered to them by a GBC representative.
6. The purported board members referred to in paragraph 8 shall immediately take all steps necessary to return control of the temple premises located at 197 South Ocean Avenue, Freeport, NY, to the sole and exclusive control of the GBC, for the purpose of the GBC putting in place ISKCON members in good standing to serve as members of the Board of Directors or Trustees and as officers of the corporation, and to manage the corporation and its assets according to the directives of the GBC. In this regard, the GBC hereby delegates full authority to the North American GBC Executive Committee to determine those persons who are in good standing to become the new officers and directors of ISKCON Inc., as well as to reside in the temple located at 197 South Ocean Avenue, Freeport, NY.
Srila Prabhupadas original Ritvik Letter of July 9th 1977
GBC legal fraud (they may go to jail)!
The Long Island Resolutions
June 2008 Pada Blog
BY: RADHA KRISHNA DASA
Regarding the GBC's regulations for the Long Island temple, the GBC and their lawyers keep displaying how incredibly inept they are at dealing with anything in the real world beyond their imagined self-created power system. In the real world there are things called laws, which everyone including them needs to abide by. The key point is that these laws act objectively on all people, not caring what your belief system is, what your religion is, what your race is, or even what your sexual orientation is. Thus the argument that someone is a "Ritvik" carries absolutely no weight in the legal world. In fact it is illegal discrimination, something like refusing to hire a person because they are Jewish or Black.
ISKCON, Inc., the original corporation founded by Srila Prabhupada in New York, is a legally registered entity subservient to the laws of the United States. This society has been governed by trustees from the time of its incorporation, and no outside imagined authority (such as the GBC) has any legal control over this corporation. As long as the trustees of ISKCON, Inc. follow the laws of the United States and the State of New York, they remain in complete control of ISKCON, Inc. Their religious beliefs are irrelevant in connection with their role as trustees of a corporation. A trustee does not even need to believe in God, he simply has to carry out his duty as a trustee, utilizing the proceeds of the corporation to fulfill the registered purpose of the corporation.
Prior to 1993 the GBC has never been a legally registered entity, and as such it has absolutely no legal power over any ISKCON center in the world. In 1993 they registered a society in West Bengal called "the GBC Society". This GBC Society of West Bengal has absolutely no legal control over legal corporations in the United States. Only a complete idiot would attempt to fool the courts by registering such a society in a foreign country and then claiming it had some legal authority over a corporation registered in the U.S. in 1966 (30 years prior). This shows that the GBC and their legal team is completely inept.
This recent resolution is, in fact, against the law, as the GBC Society of West Bengal has absolutely no authority over the trustees of ISKCON, Inc. By releasing these Resolutions, the GBC Society of West Bengal is going against the laws of the state of New York and if ISKCON, Inc. wanted to take the trouble, they could easily get a Restraining Order against the GBC Society of West Bengal, blocking them from releasing any statements in connection with ISKCON, Inc.
An example of what the GBC have done is the following. Suppose today I go register a society in India called "The Microsoft Society of West Bengal". Then subsequently I publicly release resolutions stating that our society has removed Bill Gates and all other directors from the Microsoft Corporation board because they did not believe in the same religion as myself and we are the original ecclesiastical authority of the Microsoft Corporation. What would happen is that I would be arrested for fraud.
1) The GBC Society of West Bengal (1993) has no legal connection to the much older ISKCON, Inc. of New York (1966).
2) By releasing Resolutions "removing" legal trustees of ISKCON, Inc. the GBC Society of West Bengal (1993) is perpetrating fraud, and is going against the laws of the State of New York which establish how a trustee is appointed or removed. No unrelated foreign society has the power to remove the legal trustees of a New York corporation. Any society falsely claiming to have such a power can be prosecuted and fined. They will also be required to pay damages to ISKCON, Inc. Any GBC members who have signed this Resolution (which in this case will be all of them) can be sentenced to jail time for their involvement in fraud.
3) ISKCON, Inc. being the first legal entity to ever use the name ISKCON or the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, is the legal owner of the name ISKCON. This name is automatically trademarked and any other organization using this name may only do so with their written permission. ISKCON, Inc. of New York has the legal power to force all ISKCON centers in the world to change their name. In addition to this they can sue for damages for all the bad press they brought upon the good name of ISKCON by these temples illegally using their trademarked name. All of the scandals throughout the world have spoiled the named of "ISKCON, Inc." and as such, they could sue individual ISKCON temples for millions and millions in damages.
BY: SECRETARY, ISKCON TODAY
May 15, USA (SUN) The following letter was sent to the BBT Trustees on April 30th, 2006. This letter is intended to locate, identify, and rectify the possibly criminal mismanagement of Srila Prabhupada's original BBT and the changes made to the books of our beloved Spiritual Master His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. An official response to our urgent inquiry has been requested from the BBT Trustees within 30 days.
What you read below is the beginning of an extensive legal inquiry. The subsequent revelations will shock all of you. To receive further emails, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list. We will also gladly post your valuable comments and articles on www.iskcontoday.org.
We are a large group of ISKCON devotees and direct disciples of Srila Prabhupada, not affiliated with any other group or ideology. We humbly request you to join us in this effort.
Please visit our website www.iskcontoday.org.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada,
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR KRISHNA
197 S Ocean Avenue, Freeport, New York 11520 (516)223-4909
April 29, 2006
To: The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
9701 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Sub: Notice of Demand for documentation of all BBT accounts, its assets and net revenues, by the INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESS, Inc., the Sole Beneficiary of the BBT, as stated by Srila Prabhupada in the BBT Trust Document dated May 29, 1972.
Dear BBT Trustees,
Please accept my humble obeisances, All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!
The INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESS (ISKCON), Inc., the sole beneficiary of the BHAKTIVEDANTA BOOK TRUST (BBT), hereby formally requests that now and henceforward full and complete accounting of all aspects of all of the Trusts operations be sent, at least annually, to ISKCON, Inc., 197 South Ocean Avenue, Freeport, New York 11520, as is clearly specified by existing Trust Law.
California Probate Code Section 16060 expressly states, The trustee has a duty to keep the Beneficiary reasonably informed of the trust and its administration. Section 16062 (a) further states that ..the Trustee shall account at least annually ..to each Beneficiary to whom income or principal is required or authorized in the Trustees discretion to be currently distributed.
The Beneficiary, ISKCON Inc., in finding no records of such disbursed accounting or other essential data, requires a complete and legally compliant explanation of such lapse, which may have resulted in decisions having been made, and monies disbursed by the BBT Trustees contrary to the express interest of the Beneficiary. The Beneficiary hereby states its right to transparent reporting by the BBT Trustees regarding specific Entitlements as described in the Body of the BBT Trust Document as well as prevailing Trust Law.
A number of legitimately concerned parties have brought up a range of urgent issues regarding the way the BBT Trustees have been handling the Assets, Income, and Properties of this Trust. There may be several possible severe breaches of trust, committed by the trustees, which we would like your response on once you have given us the accounting of the operations of the BBT Trust, which must include the following:
1. List of all properties and assets presently and formerly owned by the BBT which may include books, tapes, video, letters, pictures, real estate, other valuables etc.
2. List of all books of His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, which are currently or have formerly been copyrighted by the BBT.
3. List of books authored by Srila Prabhupada that have been printed or re-printed by BBT or its agents and/or assignees with the BBT logo.
4. List of books authored by Srila Prabhupada that have been changed/edited/revised since their first publication and printed by the BBT or its agents and/or assignees, with the BBT logo.
5. List of all books of authors other than Srila Prabhupada, printed with the logo of BBT, and copyrighted/published/marketed by BBT or by entities other than the BBT.
6. List of all Bank accounts and cash reserves, notes or equities that have been or are currently maintained by the BBT.
7. Complete facsimile copies of all bank statements of all BBT bank accounts of all years available but at least since 1998.
8. List of current employees, consultants, contractors, attorneys, accountants, etc, employed, retained or contracted by the BBT as well as any fees, salaries, contract payments, and any other compensation that may comprise an outlay of BBT funds that may increase the over head of the BBT and reduce monies disbursable to the Beneficiary.
9. List of all agents, subcontractors, suppliers, and authorized distribution channels maintained or authorized by the BBT.
10. All current contracts signed by the BBT Trustees with any agents or other representatives of the BBT. Any contracts granted by the BBT must demonstrate the exact means by which they have been legally established by the BBT Trustees under the existing provisions of the BBT Trust language.
11. List of all current licensees of the copyrights owned by the BBT and their contracts including the signers of all contracts and proof that such contracts are in complete compliance with the express language of the BBT Trust.
12. List of all Publishing and/or printing companies contracted by the current BBT Trustees.
13. Third party audited Financial Statements, at least since 1998, which includes internal records not revealed to the IRS, or any double or multiple books kept for confidential reasons.
14. All gross as well as net income collected from the sale of books each year by the present BBT Trustees.
15. All monies of the BBT, disbursed by the present BBT Trustees on various projects showing the corresponding compliance with the BBT Trust Agreement Document of 1972 in regards to the provisions for disbursement of BBT funds.
16. List of any and all actions taken against copyright violations of BBT copyrighted books, or books published with BBT logo, by the present BBT Trustees.
17. Complete verified copies of the minutes of all meetings of the present BBT Trustees as well as providing the Beneficiary notice of and copies of the minutes of all meetings of BBT Trustees in the future.
The Beneficiary hereby formally requests by this notice that all materials listed above be delivered to the Beneficiary and/or the Beneficiarys Attorney, in a complete and legal format, fully compliant with Trust Law. These records and other documents must be delivered to the Beneficiary within thirty days from the date of this notice. If all Trustee meetings have been held according to Trust Law, Minutes kept according to Trust Law, and transparent accounting maintained according to the requirements of the BBT Trust Document, then compliance with the terms of this notice by the Trustees and BBT Accountants should neither be difficult nor time consuming.
For further inquiries please contact Nikhil Gupta (Nimai Pandit Das), President: ISKCON Inc., 197 South Ocean Avenue, Freeport, New York 11520 or reach by phone:(516)216-4262.
Your eternal co-servant of Srila Prabhupada,
(Nimai Pandit Das)
Mr. Emil Beca a.k.a. Svavasa Dasa
Mr. Jay Israel a.k.a. HH Jayadvaita Swami
Mr. Norman DCosta a.k.a. Naresvara Dasa
Mr. Michael Auggenthaler a.k.a. Brahma Muhurta Dasa
Sri Krishnan Chittur Esq.
All Trustees: ISKCON Inc.
ISKCON Accepts One Ritvik Temple and IRM Disintegrates
At least one ISKCON temple already accepts Srila Prabhupada as the guru. If one visits ISKCON Bangalore there will be no doubt that Srila Prabhupada is living still in sound and still very actively spreading the holy name around! Madhudvisa dasa (04-06-01) http://iskcon.krishna.org/Articles/2001/02/00263.html
ISKCON Bangalore has created a positive example showing how nicely things can run if Prabhupada's orders are followed and Prabhupada is the guru in ISKCON. They don't want to attack ISKCON and it's leaders. Rather they welcome devotees and leaders from other temples to visit so they can see first-hand how nicely a temple can run with Prabhupada in the centre.
Recently ISKCON Bangalore has withdrawn from the ISKCON Reform Movement (IRM). They are disappointed with the leadership of IRM and the new direction their preaching has taken. They are also not happy with the result of the IRM's war with ISKCON in Calcutta. At least for the time being the preaching field in Calcutta has been spoiled. It is now very difficult to preach and distribute books there, the public don't really understand what's going on, just that there is an enormous fight within ISKCON and they don't want any part of it.
Madhu Pundit Prabhu, the ISKCON Bangalore Temple President, says IRM are simply good when it comes to writing papers but they have no ability to work with people. He says, "Ultimately, if you want to preach, you need to work with people."
Currently the Bangalore temple has a first-class reputation in South India and the public give a great deal of respect to the devotees and very much appreciate the ISKCON temple. Bangalore was once famous as the garden city, but now it's famous for the ISKCON temple. Almost all the tourists to Bangalore now go to see the ISKCON temple... Considering this the Bangalore devotees don't want to start a war with ISKCON which would destroy the good name of ISKCON in South India.
The GBC have given Madhu Pandit the guarantee they will not interfere with his preaching in South India but have not yet gone so far as appointing a ritvik representative of Srila Prabhupada to perform the initiations in Bangalore. This means that ISKCON now has its first official ritvik temple.
In the meantime the devotees in Bangalore are being initiated by Srila Prabhupada personally. When the Temple President considers a devotee to be ready for initiation he writes a letter recommending the devotee to Srila Prabhupada. Then the devotee goes before Srila Prabhupada and prays: "Dear Srila Prabhupada currently your ritvik representatives are not doing their service so I am asking you to please accept me as your disciple and inspire me to select a spiritual name." So in this way the ISKCON Bangalore devotees are being initiated by Srila Prabhupada.
ISKCON Bangalore plans to increase the number of devotees waiting for formal initiation from Srila Prabhupada to one thousand. Then every year they will go to the Mayapur festival and have a grand kirtan and request the GBC to appoint a ritvik representative of Srila Prabhupada as Srila Prabhupada outlines in his July 9th, 1977 letter so the devotees can be formally initiated.
Due to serious leadership problems the IRM has lost most of its support from the worldwide community of devotees however we are all greatly indebted to Krishna Kanta Prabhu and the other IRM devotees for writing and putting so much energy into distributing and preaching about, "The Final Order." While it contains nothing new [it's basically a summary of what many other devotees had written previously] the devotees distributing "The Final Order" were able to break through the barriers of ISKCON. The "Final Order" convinced Madhu Pundit and many other leaders and general devotees in ISKCON that Prabhupada did establish a system to enable him to continue to accept disciples in ISKCON after his disappearance from our mundane vision.
Previously many devotees outside ISKCON knew Srila Prabhupada established a ritvik system to continue the initiations after his physical departure, but now, thanks to "The Final Order" many devotees living in ISKCON temples also agree, although they may not be able to come out and say it yet publicly. We shall see how things develop in the future...
Chant Hare Krishna and be happy! All glories to jagat guru,
saviour of the whole world,
His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!